Statewide 9-1-1 Advisory Board Minutes
Illinois Commerce Commission Main Hearing Room
527 East Capitol Avenue
August 30, 2016
The Board reconvened on August 30, 2016 pursuant to notice, at 9:00 A.M. in the Main Hearing Room at the Illinois Commerce Commission’s offices at 527 East Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL.
Board Members physically present:
Karen Boswell (by phone the first part of the meeting and then physically joined)
Sam McClerren (joined at 10:00)
Col. Kelly Walter
Board Members present by phone:
David Clague (joined at 11:07a.m.)
Patrick Fucik (joined 10:00 a.m.)
Bradley Bloom (joined at 10:00 a.m.)
Board Members not present:
Chairman Walter opened the meeting at 9:04 a.m.; the roll call was taken, and a quorum was present.
- Public Hearings (cont.):
- Hamilton County Waiver Application:
- Motion was made by David Tuttle to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve and was seconded by Jana Fear. Motion carrier by a unanimous vote by the Board.
Recessed for break 9:20 a.m.
Reconvened 10:00 a.m.
Roll call was taken. Sam McClerren physically joined the meeting. Patrick Fucik and Bradley Bloom joined by phone.
- Rosemont Waiver Application
- A motion was made by Linda Zerwin to deny the permanent waiver and request a 12 month extension to file a consolidation plan or request another waiver based on their efforts. There was no second to the motion made.
- A motion was made by Larry Leetjen to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve the Request for a Waiver of Consolidation subject to the conditions stated in the Administrative Law Judge’s Recommended Decision. The motion was seconded by Glenna Johnson. Motion failed with a vote of 4 Yes, 5 No, and 1 Abstention.
- A motion was made by David Tuttle to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator disapprove the Request for a Waiver of Consolidation and was seconded by Ralph Caldwell. Motion failed by a vote of 4 Yes, 5 No, and 1 Abstention.
- A motion was made by Larry Deetjen to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve the Request for a Waiver of Consolidation subject to the condition that the Rosemont Public Safety file on or before July 1, 2018, either a Consolidation Plan or another Request for a Waiver of Consolidation. The motion was seconded by Brad Bloom. Motion carried by a vote of 6 yes, 3 No, and 1 Abstention.
Recessed for a break 11:45 a.m.
Reconvened 11:55 a.m.
Roll call was taken. Bradley Bloom and Patrick Fucik were not on the conference bridge.
- Stickney Waiver Application
- A motion was made by David Tuttle to recommend that the 9-1-1 Administrator approve the Request for a Waiver of Consolidation subject to the condition that the Stickney ETSB file a Consolidation Plan on or before July 1, 2017, and complete their consolidation by July 1, 2018. The motion was seconded by Larry Deetijen. Motion was carried by a unanimous vote.
- Old Business
There was discussion of Staff looking into whether all VoIP providers are collecting 9-1-1 surcharge. On the same note there was discussion of how to determine what surcharge should be received for advanced services. Chairman Walter agreed to look into it.
- New Business
Scheduled an additional Board meeting for September 12th in case it is needed.
Meeting adjourned 12:46 p.m.